Skip to content


September 16, 2004

The born-again socks are finished. Again it’s a tough thing to photograph them:

I ended up knitting the toes in some Regia Cotton Color that has essentially all the same shades as the handspun but sort of in inverse proportions – it doesn’t look as funny as you might think, and anyway the toes will always be hidden inside clogs while being worn.

I used Vanessa’s nifty asymmetrical toe to get a nice fit without ‘elf points’ as she puts it. I’m worried these will fall down as the ribbing at the top is not as tight as I’d like, even though the rest of the leg is quite trim and fits well. Worst case I suppose I could pick up some stitches around the top edge and knit half an inch of tighter ribbing, in the Regia yarn.

It’s nice to have these finished, it completes my process of eradicating what they used to be.
I took the night off from Siberian to finish these, but I have rounded the second corner, so perhaps by the middle of October it will be done.

One Comment
  1. Sam permalink
    September 17, 2004 1:09 pm

    They look great, Caroline! I like the contrasting toes, myself, and the asymmetrical finish is very clean looking. I would probably just try running some matching wool elastic around the tops if they feel a little loose. I’m so glad you were able to reclaim the yarn and make them for you you you! 🙂

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: