Skip to content

En Saga

October 11, 2004

Saga Rose is underway! Here is the completed ribbing, ready for the body chart to begin. Doesn’t it look nice on my new fiber porch rug??

This is going to be another long project – not as huge as some of my prior colorwork sweaters, this one is only about 300 stitches around – but still, not quickly completed. I’m really liking the colors, the darker ones almost seem to have a shine. The pattern is in Jamieson’s book #3.

The Selbu mitten has grown a bit, it’s starting to look like something.

I didn’t photograph the palm side because it has a disorganized look and doesn’t exactly look like the book photo. I am following the chart and there are no errata at all for Folk Mittens on the Interweave site (which I find hard to believe! all books have errors!) so I’m going to push on and see what I get.

Unfortunately I had to make another one of these this weekend.

It’s a chemo cap from the adorable Heather Spoll No Hair Day Collection – these are the easiest and best-fitting ones I found when searching for patterns last year.

It’s for a neighbor who just got a diagnosis but hasn’t progressed to setting up a course of treatment so I’m going to just hang onto it until I am sure she’s going to need it. She’s a much more stylish person than I am so maybe I’ll try to put a little crocheted flower on the side of it. Any suggestions for an online place to find a tip on crocheting a flower? I’ve never done such a thing!

Here’s some beautiful painted laceweight yarn I just bought from the eBay seller ‘lotusblossom’ – Over the Rainbow handpainted yarn. I’ve been waiting quite awhile for her to get more laceweight out there. Isn’t it pretty? The colorway is called ‘Lagoon.’

Of course I don’t know yet what it’ll want to be… it’s 8 ounces and probably about 1900 yards. When I opened the package, Emily said, “Socks for me???” so of course I had to mail back to the seller and ask if she had plans to dye up a hank of sockweight in that color…

I have an unexpected holiday today, Emily’s school is open but it is not possible for me to go to work because the entire data center and network is down for maintenance. Aw, shucks. So, among a huge list of things to clean and fix I hope to find some time for plying this.

This is the second batch of the black merino I began working on in late April. I can get less yardage out of a pound of fiber than anyone I know – I previously plyed up two hanks, and this will be two more, and there is only about a 2 ounce hunk of top left. I must spin too hard or something… Anyway I think it’s coming out sport weight but who can tell for sure…

  1. October 11, 2004 12:15 pm

    ooooo, Saga looks gorgeous on your rug! The Lagoon is just gorgeous, too.

  2. Debi permalink
    October 11, 2004 11:23 pm

    Hi Caroline- Check out, she crocheted a flower for a bucket-o-chic hat a few months ago. In fact, here’s the link:…her’s is rather simple but you could make a few and put them together. HTH!!

  3. October 12, 2004 6:38 am

    I’m looking forward to seeing your progress on Saga Rose. It’s on my (endless) list of things to do. And your Siberian Winter is gorgeous (as usual!)

  4. October 12, 2004 7:55 am

    Debi that flower will be PERFECT, thanks! I’d forgotten about that. I’ll do it in a contrast color.
    Louise, with luck I’ll have Saga Rose done before we see you in May! So far it seems to be a jinxed sweater for me, I’ve had to spend inordinate amounts of time undoing mistakes. And I’m only through the ribbing and 1 pattern row.

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: